Sunday, July 19, 2009

New Work - the Mystery in the Movement of Water

A great deal of my new work concentrates on images of water and falling water. Below are 4 images of new pieces, most recent appearing first, titled Pink Rock Falls. This painting is not totally complete but I felt it important to add it here to see the slight change in style in each piece in the series. I have thought about why water and it's movement is so important in my work right now. The only way I can explain it is through my experiences in northern Ontario. Have you ever swam in a quiet, I mean really secluded lake, by yourself? Have you ever just rested there for a moment, head submerged, and listening. That feeling has inspired my new work. It is like your body and the water are one. The silence speaks again and again, if you listen closely, the nature.
















1 comment: